Feb 21, 2021

New Adventures - Small Beginnings

Three years... I can't believe, but it has been three years since I blogged regularly. Have I stopped writing? Oh contraire. That is all I do, other than sleep a little and go to my job (the one I actually make money at). In October 2017, I finally committed to writing a novel that floated around in my head for six months. The process began after a snarky comment from a nasty client, but beauty came from the ashes, and there are now nine novels in The Millennium Series.

It is a joyous thing to discover your true calling, your passion, and reason for being. But would I have had the courage to write if it weren't for this little blog? Likely not. To learn, you must write. There are 500+ original posts here, although I cannot read them because my inner editor cringes. But you have to begin and accept that you will make mistakes. Scripture admonishes us to not despise small beginnings, the Lord delights to see the work begin.

I printed "M1–The Black Key" two weeks after "finishing" it. I cannot look at that either. Three full versions, twenty professional beta readers, countless edits, and hundreds of hours have gone into the final product. But I started, I began.

M1–The Black Key Cover

In January, I committed to publishing, to finally launch, and in the process acclimate to small beginnings. Opening my Author Page on Amazon, beginning a YouTube channel, revamping the website, everything starts minuscule... that does not mean we have to be small.


www.alanthia.com
Millennium Series Book Covers

Beginnings do not have to translate to poor quality, shoddy work, or lack of commitment. Work, learn, and improve; recognize we control the effort, not the outcome.

Dreaming big is safe when you are doing nothing to achieve those goals, but "one day" never comes if you do not have the courage to embrace small beginnings.

M1-The Black Key Audible Cover

"M1–The Black Key", debuts May 1, 2021, eBook, paperback, hardback, and Audible. Take my hand; I am going to tell you an amazing tale.

(As of this writing, only the eBook is available for pre-order. I am wrestling with KDP, Ingram Spark, and Bowker for their systems to talk, and Audible only lets you pre-order 14 days prior to release. Like I said, small beginnings.)