Oct 16, 2017

Weak Side - Surprise Attacks

In sports - a weak side is defined as the side of the field where there are fewer players to defend the ball.  In life, it's where we are vulnerable.



I was ill this weekend.  Not seriously but enough to keep me in the house and on the couch, doing nothing.  My neck hurt so bad it caused a headache and as tired as I was, I could not sleep.  My weaknesses all amplified by an illness.  I chalked it up to excessive travel and a grueling work schedule; I thought I was just exhausted.

This morning, I found out a colleague I'd traveled with last week was also sick, her symptoms a bit different but it had attacked her weak side.  My son was sick this weekend, different symptoms but it had attacked his weak side.  Coincidence?  Maybe, or just maybe we'd all been hit with a virus that went manifested where we are weakest.

Isn't that how spiritual attacks go?  The enemy zeroes in on our weak side.  Our most vulnerable is where the attack comes in.  Our children, our health, our jobs, our self-esteem, our security... that is where we can expect to be attacked.  The strategy is brilliant because it can go undetected, we expect to be attacked there, life is hard.  I'd ask you to take a moment though and look deeper, is it everyday life or is this an assault by the enemy?  If it is, then friends, you must stay strong and pray in the Spirit.  Pray the full armor of God and go to battle against the enemy.

If you are feeling defeated, I'd ask you to prayerfully consider that the Devil understands not only your weak side but the weapons of warfare.  He employs his own countermeasures against us, if you are struggling, please read Counterterrorism in the Spiritual Realm.