Feb 28, 2015

The Destruction of America - Right Before Our Eyes

About 2 am on Election Day 2012, I crawled out of bed praying fervently that the news was better than it had been when I went to bed.  I opened my laptop and on the screen was a picture of the Obamas, walking on stage as a family with the headline, "Four More Years."  I wept bitterly, as you would over a terminal cancer diagnosis for a loved one.  It was in that moment that I realized that we were not going to remain the shining city on the hill, the beacon of light and hope for the world - we were going to fall away (2 Thessalonians 3).

Up until that very moment, I believed that the United States would cease to be a player in the End Times because the Rapture would wipe us out.  Who could have ever imagined we would be where we are today?  When Obama was first elected, I was sick to my stomach.  Speaking to my Sister the morning after, she confirmed that the Holy Spirit inside of her recoiled at the man, mine always has.  I have never listened to a speech of his; he has been in the public arena since 2007 and have never been able to hear him without major warning bells reverberating through my spirit.  The optimist in me hoped that it would be like the Clinton years and that the favorable press coverage would encourage the economy out of the downward spiral we were experiencing in the days after the crash.  I was wrong.


From the moment they took power, all Hell has been unleashed on America.  The scandals de jour, the lawlessness, and the destruction of the foundations have overwhelmed us.  It's hard to watch.  My news feeds have confirmed it every day.  Since 2012, I've stopped fighting in the political arena.  My long term readers will remember the early days of Abigail and Dolley - I was a fighter, a blogger, a fierce opponent of this destruction but there is no human hand that is going to stem the tide; no movement, candidate, or rally that is going to change this march towards the precipice.  Only a national repentance and turning to God will stop this and through these human eyes, I just don't see that happening.  


The irony of the Tea Party years between 2008 and 2012 is that the Lord saw fit to give us counterfeit opposition leaders, Mormons.  Good men on the surface as long as you don't look behind that curtain.   Glenn Beck and Mitt Romney are undoubtedly the most influential members of the opposition in those years - we didn't stand a chance. 1 John 2:18-20 Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come. 19 These people left our churches, but they never really belonged with us; otherwise they would have stayed with us. When they left, it proved that they did not belong with us.  But you are not like that, for the Holy One has given you his Spirit,[a] and all of you know the truth.

The prophetic pieces of the puzzle are falling into place before our eyes, “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come” (2 Timothy 3:1).  “But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived” (2 Timothy 3:13).  All these things are the beginning of sorrows, and then the end shall come.  You see, we know how all this ends, we've read the end of the Book.