Dec 3, 2011

This Present Darkness

Abigail and Dolley readers I have to admit that I wept before the Lord today.  I fell to my knees and sobbed.  I cried because when I speak the truth of Christ, many condemn me.  I cried because a good friend of mine claimed I was deaf to racial insensitivity and when I sought him out, to show me, he condemned me for my blindness.  I cried because we heard the same speech in different ways, and if we did, then I will never be effective in outreach.  I cried because the world's financial system is on the precipice of a bottomless pit.  I cried because the new unemployment figures are lies and for people hurting everywhere.  I cried because I have friends that are not saved and the Rapture is coming soon.  I cried today because Billy Graham is gravely ill and the world will be a much darker place without him.  I cried today because I have prayed for the Lord to come and get us but I never realized how dark it would be here before He came.

2 Timothy 3

The Dangers of the Last Days
 1 You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. 2 For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. 3 They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. 4 They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. 5 They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!