Dec 23, 2011

How Do They Make It Through?

Abigail and Dolley readers I have been much less introspective these days.  The lost days of 2010 are retreating into the past and the rebuilding and renewal days of 2011 are coming to a close.  I have turned outward to my country, my friends, and my work.  I am passionate about the up coming electoral season and will work to play my part as a citizen.  Lest I become too absorbed in the world, I am disciplined in my prayer time.

I find myself increasingly burdened for those who are without Christ.  They play across the landscape of my mind, I see their faces, I weep for them in their lost state.  I pray earnestly that they come into a relationship with the Living God.  I wonder how they make it through this hard life without the blessed assurance that they are love, saved, and not alone.  How do the deal with sickness, death, or unemployment?  How indeed?

I pray, "Lord, if you would have me witness, give me the words and the opportunity."  From my human perspective, I want to argue with them, I want to convince them of the truth.  I want to use reason and logic, I want to use history and prophecy.  I want to prove to them the validity of faith and in the end I feel totally ill equipped for the task.  I have been a Christian since I was a child.  I do not believe I have ever helped lead anyone to the Lord.

My husband, on the other hand, has been privileged to lead hundreds to faith and help guide hundreds more along their journey.  Perhaps these folks will be credited to me in Heaven because I have worked very hard to enable my hubby to have that opportunity.  Regardless, the burden for souls does not abate with large successes, you either have it or you don't.  I feel it intensely.

Blogger has added the analytics tab to the settings for easy access to their analysis.  When the blog was first launched, I was very intent to promote it and bring traffic to the site.  Today, I am just thankful that I have this small forum and that I have faithful readers who stop by and have a cup of tea with me every now and then.  Perhaps there are some, who have stumbled upon this blog and been encouraged.  Perhaps there are some, who have been directed here and enjoyed their stay and even learned a thing or two.  I hope I have been a light, I hope that the love I feel for the Lord has come through.  I hope the love I have for our Country has been represented well.  In short, I hope I have been a good and faithful servant,

Bless you all, my Friends.
Dolley