Another Libertarian lie is that Newt Gingrich is a big government Progressive who believes in a New World Order. They are compiling videos of Newt speaking of historical politicians who are on their "Progressive Enemies Lists." There is no context to these videos, no more that 10 second snippets, and they prove nothing except that the compilers are out to paint Newt as an evil enemy.
If you want to look at someone's beliefs is it really necessary to dig into their nuances when the surface level behavior does not support your hypothesis? Think about it, if Newt was a Progressive wouldn't his speeches, his institutions, his books, and his movies reflect his core beliefs? I would venture a guess that in the dozen years since Newt left public office he would be free to pursue his Progressive Agenda uninhibited by the need to be reelected.
Just look at Gingrich Productions, does this site seem a Progressive media site to you? Look at the DVD titles:
- A City Upon a Hill - Rediscovering American Exceptional-ism
- America at Risk - Post 9/11 dangers facing the USA
- Nine Days that Changed the World - The Pope and Poland and how it was the first shot in destroying the Iron Curtain
- Ronald Reagan: A Rendezvous with Destiny
- Rediscovering God in America Part 1 and Part 2 - Our Godly History
- We Have the Power - American Energy