Sep 12, 2011

9/11 - Ten Years Later

Abigail and Dolley readers I still cry about 9/11.  Not just on the anniversary either.  I suppose not many people do that anymore.  The odd thing about that is, I don't cry easy or often.  I was traveling yesterday, alone in the car for 8 hours.  I turned on XM Radio and listened to the coverage and of course, I cried.  I make myself do it every year; I relive that day.  I take myself back and I force myself to remember, to feel, and to cheer for the heroes.

For me, United Flight 93, the plane that the passengers took down in Shanksville PA has the most profound effect on me.  This is not to minimize all of the other dramas and stories that took place that fateful day, no they are equally note worthy but Flight 93 has always touched me deeply.  In contrast to the first three planes, the passengers on UA 93 knew what was going on.  They had been delayed on the ground, they were missing a 4th highjacker, and the Lord had assembled an unbelievable cast of characters for His work that day.

UA 93 represents the valor of our country rising from their seats and saying, "No More!"  The bravery and the determination of those passengers embodies the American Spirit at its best.  The movie that chronicles the events of the day is a must see for every American.