Aug 30, 2010

Restoring Honor Rally - Reflections and Suggested Reading

Abigail and Dolley readers I was moved to tears several times while watching the Restoring Honor Rally.  I am not much of a crier, but will often weep before the Lord and for the love of my Country.  I had many opportunities on Saturday, August 28, 2010, to do so.  I was shocked at the overt aspect of Faith that was on such a public display.  Usually, the only time I hear any of that sort of thing is at my church and my church is not a typical one in that it is not politically correct and my pastor is not afraid to speak the truth.

I read a couple of books, many years ago, that changed my life.  Frank Peretti "This Present Darkness" and "Piercing the Darkness" show how the natural and the supernatural intersect in ways that you have probably never thought about.  They are parallel stories of the battle of good and evil here on earth and within the realm of Angels and Demons.  These novels opened my eyes to the realities of spiritual warfare and the mighty power of the Word and prayer.  If you have not already, I highly recommend that you read these incredible stories.

We are in our own Peretti novel right now and epic battle between good and evil.  The choices we make must be made with prayer and circumspection.  We must adopt a worldview that is not blind to good and evil.  We must hold our country up before the Lord and truly beseech Him for restoration.  No political movement, candidate, or government program can change the course of this nation - only the true Founding Father can do that.