Mar 16, 2011

Class Warfare

Abigail and Dolley readers I must admit to being somewhat removed from the trials and tragedies of this world.  Frankly, I have my own troubles and taking on more is foolish and unhealthy.  I did venture out today, I was running errands and caught a magazine headline that made me angry.  The magazine was Mother Jones and the headline was "The Vampire Economy - How the ultra-rich are sucking America dry and can Obama survive their attack".  The cover had a vampire holding a swooning woman with a red white and blue hat on.  It was sickening and maddening at the same time.

I wanted to take a big sharpie and write "Liberal Propaganda!" on the cover, but alas I was in their territory, Earth Fare.  I don't normally shop there.  I always feel like I have walked into a temple or a shrine and I am disconcerted the whole time I am in there, rubbing shoulder with the patchouli smelling patrons. (Incidentally, they have the nastiest bathrooms around.  The seats are always covered in urine and there is toilet paper and paper towel trash all over the floor - so much for the libs taking care of the environment... but I digress.)

The fact that someone would have the unmitigated gall to blame the rich for the collapsed economy is simply class warfare.  To blame them for the continued depression is ridiculous.  To paint Obama as a victim is even more ludicrous.  It is not based in any economic theory.  It is not based on any economic truth.  It is straight forward, in your face, class warfare and we buy into this at our peril.  For it is the ultra-rich who are holding their money until such time as it is safe to invest again.  Then the economy will grow and the prosperity will gradually return.  This will happen somewhere around the time when the White House is no longer held by the biggest purveyor of class warfare, which by last count is somewhere in the neighborhood of 693 days.

As for me and mine, we'll keep holding on.