- The coils under the refrigerator. That's right folks, the vent on the bottom of the refrigerator is an air intake for the compressor coils and needs to be vacuumed out periodically. Dust and dirt build up under there, eliminate airflow and burn out the compressor. I am ashamed to admit that when I discovered this we'd lived in the house 10 years, I thought it was gray insulation...
- The top of the refrigerator, over the range microwave, and kitchen cabinets - grease particles and house hold dust combine to make a nasty layer of goo.
- The vents over your range and the mystery vent inside the microwave - again grease and goo.
- Under the beds - at least once every six months.
- Bathroom sink drains - if you've never done it, be prepared... you may need to release the drain under the sink to pull out the plug.
- Bathtub overflow cover - just too vile to even discuss... moving on.
- The tops of tall furniture and door frames
- Toilet bolt covers - those plastic covers on the seat and the floor, yeah they are disgusting if you lift them up.
There you go, Friends. I'm vaguely nauseated now.