What is a Tribulation Saint?
- A person who comes to Faith in Christ as the Messiah after the Rapture
- Who stays faithful during the Tribulation (Matthew 24:13)
- Who stays alive until the Second Coming
- People who have heard the gospel and rejected it*
- Those who never in their heart considered Christ
- Those who have been deceived by a false religion.
- Some professed Christians who do not have a real relationship with the Redeemer. (Matthew 7:21-23)
The staying alive part is no easy task - the Scriptures lay out that most of the world's population will be killed during the Tribulation.
Psalm 27 is a perfect Scripture for those future Tribulation Saints. It speaks of hiding from enemies, being separated even from mother and father, and depending on the Lord for protection.
Tribulation Saints will not have the assurance of eternal salvation - that in and of itself is horrifying but then add in the Tribulation and no one should desire to become a Tribulation Saint, martyred or otherwise. These Tribulation believers are the 10 Virgins, who are given a bit of oil when they are saved but who are responsible for staying faithful. (See: It's Not About the Church)
Once the church is Raptured, the age of Grace will end - no other group will ever have the "blessed assurance" that the church enjoys. (More on Tribulation and Millennial Salvation to come)
Tribulation Saints who are alive at the Second Coming will live on earth during the Millennium. Their bodies will be restored and made healthy as man will once again attain pre-flood lifespans. Isaiah 65:20
The Lord calls to you, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.…"