Jul 4, 2010

Trust Your Instincts

Abigail and Dolley readers I sit amongst a new project.  It is time to paint the interior of the house.  It will be a project for the winter months, but I like to live with colors for a while before I commit.  I like to see them in the natural and incandescent light.  I like to test the furniture to see if the stuff I have already with go with the new paint.

I once heard Lynette Jennings say buy what you like and your things will go together.  I suppose we are genetically predisposed to liking certain colors and combinations and as such, if you like something, chances are it will go with the rest of your things, and even if it doesn't, who cares?  It's your house, if you love it you can find a place for it.  So trust your instincts and have some fun with it.