Feb 21, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Abigail and Dolley readers we lost our cat today.  In the grand scope of things, maybe not such a big deal, but it has me thinking.  I take solace today knowing there is a Lord.  I have a deep unshakeable conviction that we are not here by accident and that there is a Creator who made us and regularly attends to His Creation.  There are no direct Scriptures on whether or not pets go to Heaven, but as one pet owner put it, "I can't imagine Heaven without my animals."


The Lord we serve is infinite and He cares for us, better than an earthly father.  If our fathers on Earth, who are sinful, give us good gifts, how much more so does our Father in Heaven give gifts to those He loves?  Jesus said, "In my Father's house there are many many rooms. I go there now to prepare a place for you that where I am you might also be."  Thus, I believe the mansion I have in Heaven has a new occupant today, my sweet Tiggamarroo. He was a good cat, and the last words I said to him this morning were, "Tell Jesus I said, hello."