Dec 31, 2015

Turmeric Chicken Wings


I love chicken wings but they don't love me!  Nightshade allergies make Buffalo Wings strictly off limits, so I got creative today and made a nightshade friendly version.  Turmeric is fantastic for you but it's a spice that isn't often used in western cooking.  Some tout it as one of the healthiest food on the planet!  I have not used it much with the exception being bread and butter pickles and chicken broth.  These wings were delicious, so I thought I'd share.

Turmeric
Turmeric Wings

1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
12 wings with tips removed

Combine all of the above in a zip lock bag and shake until wings are thoroughly coated.  Set aside.  In a heavy frying pan fill with corn oil about 1/2 inch up the side of the pan, heat until oil begins to smoke slightly.  Fry wings 7 minutes on each side.

Tumeric Wing Dip

1/4 c sour cream
1/4 c mayo
A pinch of all the spices above except the baking soda

Delicious!  You won't miss the hot peppers, I promise!