Dec 12, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Abigail and Dolley readers this year, I did my tree in the colors of THE King, inspired by Tudor velvets.  Royal shades of red, blue, purple, green decorated with gold and citrine.  It was inspired by an ornament I have had for years and always thought a tree after that fashion would be stunning..  I spent days getting it just right.  It was a tough one!  I think mostly because the deep purple and the royal blue disappear into the evergreen.  Its actually quite beautiful in all sorts of light and it was a blast putting it together.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I told you I have been on a creative tear!  Merry Christmas loyal readers.  You make doing this seem meaningful.  May the Lord Bless you, may He make His face shine down upon you, and give you Peace.  In the Mighty and Powerful Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I bless you.

Love,
Dolley

Royal Shades of Blue, Purple, Green, Gold, and Red

I love her, she's singing to herself in the mirror

Butterfly

Purple Peacock on a hydrangea

Purple Hummingbird at his feeder

Blue Peacock looking over her shoulder

The Ruler of the Roost, this is a tough old bird

The Ornament that inspired the tree

I have tried 6 ways to Sunday to get these pictures to upload correctly, alas, we are in sideways world viewing the whole tree! If you click on the pictures, it will take you to a gallery where they are all right side up.



In the Day with no lights, check out the Butterfly!

The Topper
Merry Christmas from Dolley's Haven.