Jan 31, 2011

The God Spot

Abigail and Dolley readers I am in the desert right now.  Everything in my life has changed and I find that I am once again clinging to the Lord for direction and guidance.  There is a lot of writing that will pour out during that time as HE reveals truths to me and I will explode with revelation if I do not write them.  HE talks to me on a regular basis.  Sometimes through a breeze, sometimes in an audible voice in my head, sometimes through other peoples words, sometimes by confirming truths to me in objects, songs, and scriptures.

Am I crazy?  I don't think so, but some might disagree.  I do not believe I am any crazier than those that have been called before me to do the mighty works of God.  It must have seemed crazy to the Israelites to walk through the Red Sea.  It must have seemed crazy for them to walk around the city of Jericho and blow horns.  It must have seemed crazy for the disciples to leave everything and follow a Preacher.  It must have seemed crazy to Saul on the road to Damascus.  Daniel, John, and Ezekiel must have felt crazy for writing what the Lord showed them.  Those that loved them and knew them must have felt all of their loved ones were nuts.

I have said these words multiple times in the last three weeks, "I cannot explain this to you right now."  I cannot explain this peace that surpasses all understanding.  I cannot explain what HE has revealed to me or what HE has shown me, I do not understand it all myself, yet.  I will say though that HE does still talk, HE does still listen, and HE does still answer questions.

So let's just take this one little bite at a time and talk about the still small voice of the Lord.  Up to this point in my life I have heard him clearly only on a few occasions and the subsequent confirmation of the voice has proven that it was HIM and not me.  Why do all men seek to put a name on the voice?  One thing can be said for man throughout the ages is that he is incurably religious.  If there is nothing out there why have men always sought to explain it?  I believe it is because within us, there is a God spot.  A hole that was created in our Spirits that can only be filled with God.

Some seek to fill it with food, sex, drugs - things of the flesh that turn black and destroy their souls.  Some seek to fill it with Religion, rituals, rules, and structures - they are seeking to put God in a nice little box.  They are seeking to explain the unexplainable and they try to tame the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.  Some seek to fill this God spot with science and in the process create their own secular religion that leaves out the Creator.  There are a myriad of ways that men try to fill the God spot but all will leave them cold and wanting because there is only one true filling of that spot and that is from the One who created it.

In these days, the Holy Spirit fills the God Spot and only HE can stop the endless pursuit.  Only HE can give your spirit rest.  Only HE can give you life, peace, and hope in this fallen and dangerous world.

If you are searching your restless spirit, if your soul feels empty, if you KNOW something is out there and nothing you have done thus far has given you rest, I can tell you what you need.  You need the Holy Spirit.  HE comes to you through the shed blood of Jesus.  HE does not glorify HIMSELF but points you to the Savior.  So if you are tired of questioning, tired of struggling, and tired of trying to figure it all out you've come to the right place.

It's a simple thing: pray, ask, and accept.  You KNOW the truth and let HIM take you the rest of the way.  Father, I believe.  Help my unbelief.  Send your Holy Spirit to fill my heart, my life, and my mind.  Take away the doubts.  Thank you, Lord for your Son who gave us the power to pray this prayer through his shed blood at Calvary.  Lord, I need rest.  I accept you, I worship you, I thank you for the filling of the Holy Spirit.  Amen.