Dec 14, 2016

30 Day Jesus Challenge - Day 14 You Can Not Hide


"And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden." Genesis 3:8

Hiding From God
Man has been trying to hide from God ever since.  It won't do you any good.  This Psalm of David should either bring you comfort and scare the mess out of you.

Psalm 139:7-12

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.

Pray - Lord, I realize that I can not hide from you.  Today, I am going to stop running and let you find me.

(As a new Christian, the song touched me deeply.  It's about stopping and being found.)