Dec 24, 2016

30 Day Jesus Challenge - Day 24 Good Shepherd

The Bible is full of Shepherds and sheep.  This is one of the deepest subjects in all of the Bible, but it's Christmas Eve and I promised you one minute... so consider:

Luke 2:8 And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear. 10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.  (Why Shepherds and why Bethlehem?  read here)

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

Matthew 18:12-13 What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go out to search for the one that is lost? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he rejoices more over that one sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray.…

The Good Shepherd
John 10:27-28 My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand.…

Pray - Lord, I believe you are the good shepherd.  I have been lost, please find me.  Please rescue me.  I take comfort knowing that I can never be lost again.