Dec 26, 2016

30 Day Jesus Challenge - Day 26 The Bridegroom

Isaiah 61:10 I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Friends, this is a deep and complex subject, but my promise to you at the beginning of this challenge was a minute a day.

Waiting on the Bridegroom
So in a nutshell, in 1st Century Jewish culture a man that was accepted by a woman became betrothed.  It was a contract equivalent to marriage and the man went to prepare a house for his bride.  When his Father declared the house was ready he returned for the bride, often in secret.

Jesus said, "I go to prepare a place for you, that where I am you might also be."  He is today, preparing that place and as the Bride of Christ we eagerly await his return.

Pray - Lord, I want to be among those that you have chosen and loved.  I eagerly look for your coming.