Mar 13, 2010

Squatter!

Abigail and Dolley readers this is from a friend of mine. It was so outrageous, I had to share. This is a call out - Belinda Kendall of Charlotte NC who works on the radio in at 103.3 FM 1370 AM is a scum bag squatter who has taken advantage of the kindness of a single mother who had fallen on hard times.  Here is the story as written by Connie Kesler Holloway:

As some of you may know, 2009 was a very difficult year for myself, as it was for many people. I did lose my job and was unemployed for 9 months. As a single mom, unfortunately I was unable to pay my mortgage and my house is in the process of being foreclosed. I am not upset about losing that home as it is merely a possession. There is so much more to life. Now I was fortunate enough to finally get a good job the week of Thanksgiving! However, here is my grief: As a suffering single mom and understanding how tough it can be, I opened my home to another single mother and her two children the weekend after getting the good news of my job. I was so elated that God shined down on me and blessed me with this job that I truly wanted to spread it around!

Belinda Kendall and her two children moved into my home and we welcomed them entirely! On December 11, I had secured a new rental home for myself and my daughter, since I really didn't want to live in the home that I was going to be losing - it was just to depressing. New Job, new home, new life, etc! Therefore, I allowed Belinda Kendall to continue to live there rent free until mid January. In mid Janurary, she was about to vacate, when she begged me if she could stay one week longer. I told her how rude she had been to me and I really didn't think that was going to work. She in turn offered to pay $300 to stay the next week. Unfortunately I accepted. Then it comes the time to pay up and she said she didn't have the money - and that if I wanted to get her out I would have to go through the courts and evict her since the utilities where in her name.

Granted, I should have immediately gone through the court system to file eviction papers - but instead I gave her a 30 day notice. I did explain to her she must be a very desperate woman to sink to such levels. The 30 day notice expires the 5th of March.

During this duration of allowing Belinda Kendall and her children into my home, they have managed to crash 2 computers, her son was abusive to my daughter - which caused her much stress; was told I was not allowed to enter my home when she was not there, put my daughters bike in the creek and last but not least became a squatter in my home!

Unfortunatelly, because of this person, I have had to make a new years resolution to stop being so trusting!!!

In case you would like to know more about this woman her name is Belinda Kendall at 103.3 FM 1370 AM

Update:

The squatter is still there and had the nerve to post a "no trespassing" sign in my own front yard!! Believe it or not - as a squatter she has that right!! Well I decided to take matters into my own hands. I decided it is to unjust that the law can allow someone to essentially steal a home - therefore I wrote to WBTV news - and guess what - they are doing a story. They came out and interviewed me today and then when they went to the squatters residence (my home), she called the police on them as trespassers!!!! Anyway should make for a very interesting story that will air on WBTV sometime next week. Everyone should tune in!!!!