Nov 12, 2009

Not Too Smart - Hollywood's Big Mistake

Abigail and Dolley readers know, we contributors are not so one dimensional that we don't like to pile up on the couch some nights and watch a little TV or a movie.  Unfortunately, I find there are increasingly more actors, actresses, film makers, singers, and entertainers in general that I can no longer watch or listen to.  Not because they are not talented or their work is bad, no, the sad fact is I can't stand their stinking political views and inane ramblings.  I get annoyed on a couple levels over this:

  1. Their synchophantic slobbering over Obama is nauseating as demonstrated in the I Pledge video
  2. Their general lack of understanding of the issues - a nightly dose of Bill O'Reilly's Pinheads and Patriots will give you a good taste in support of this position.
  3. Finally, I am saddened that people I once enjoyed watching, now just make me mad.
It can't be a smart career move to alienate half the country, right? So spout on Tom Cruise, Drew Barrymore, Whoopie Goldberg, Susan Sarandon, Oprah, Brad Pitt, Sean Penn, Courtney Cox, Bruce Springsteen - hey, you seem to hate capitalism so much I guess you won't mind if I stop buying your movie tickets, watching your TV show, going to your concerts, and buying your albums.  Maybe I am just one person, and that really doesn't make a bit of difference, but then again maybe I am not.  Maybe, more and more Americans are waking up and feeling the same way I do and maybe the celebrities would be better off is they just hush.