Feb 14, 2010

The Religion of Environmentalism

Abigail and Dolley readers may recall another blog I wrote on this subject, The Green Movement.  Today, I will examine the duped Environmentalist and through a fictional debate, show the unsuspecting, the truth behind their Religious Left beliefs.

Dolley:  What role does God play in Environmentalism?
Greenie:  What do you mean?
Dolley:  I mean do you believe in a Creator that regularly tends to His creation?
Greenie:  A Creator? Well no, all the evidence proves that we got here by evolution.  Before you go getting all crazy on me, I do believe in a higher power and God of the universe.
Dolley:  So you believe that god is in the earth?
Greenie:  Yes, that's it exactly and as members of the universe have to take care of the earth.
Dolley:  So, what you are saying is that you have to take care of god?
Greenie:  (Sigh) We don't believe in god that way, but in essence yes.
Dolley:  Since you believe that man was part of evolution, are humans on the same level as other creatures?
Greenie:  Actually, humans are the destroyers of the earth and are by their behavior less than other creatures.
Dolley:  What do you feel is the greatest threat today to the earth?
Greenie:  Pollution, development, industry - we are destroying the earth.
Dolley:  So do you think we should "decivilize"?
Greenie:  Ideally, yes.
Dolley:  Do you believe the earth was best when man lived in caves and hunted and gathered?
Greenie:  Sure, of course.
Dolley:  What would you say to me if I told you that Global Warming was a hoax?
Greenie:  I would say you are ignorant of the truth and need to be educated.
Dolley:  What if I refused to believe your education and insisted on living the way I chose?
Greenie:  Well then, we would be forced to pass laws and make you conform.
Dolley:  So if I understand this correctly, you do not believe in a Creator that regularly tends to His creation.  You worship the god of the universe who requires you to take care of it.  You believe that humans are an accident and the biggest threat to the earth and that all vestige of civilization should be wiped out to return to the perfect environmental state.  If I do not believe you, you will just legislate my compliance with your religion.
Greenie:  I don't like the way you make it sound, but yes, we must protect the earth and take you along kicking and screaming if we have to.

Would such an exchange ever take place?  No, because most environmentalists would not answer the questions in a straight forward manner.  They would dodge, misdirect, and name call.  The question remains, if the above true, is it an accurate representation of their beliefs?  I believe it is.

The environmentalist reject God of the Bible.  My God is all powerful and the maker of this earth.  My God loved me so much, he died on the cross for me as penalty for my sin.  The environmentalist god demands that its subject serve it.  Their god is weak and must be cared for at all costs.  My God created the Heavens and the Earth.  My God created man in His image and gave him dominion over the earth.  The environmentalist believes that man is a scourge upon the earth and the destroyer thereof.  My God gives and inspires innovation and invention that improve the plight of man on this earth, through drugs, safety, transportation, electricity, comfort, and long life.  The environmentalist god says that all of these things are bad and must be dismantled.  My God says, "Come to me all you who are burdened and I will give you rest, for my burden is light and my load is easy" and "For God so loved the earth, that He gave is only begotten Son, that whosoever that believith in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."  The environmentalist god proclaims that if you don't believe in me I will force you, for your own good, of course.

Which do you choose?